It may take longer for your bins to be emptied this week. Please be assured, we will still collect your waste but there may be a delay.
- General waste bins (red or dark green lids) will be emptied first.
- Recycle and garden waste bins may not be emptied on your normal scheduled day.
WHAT YOU CAN DO ✔️
- Put your bins on the kerbside the night before your normal collection day.
- Please leave your bins on the kerbside until they’ve been emptied.
How the delay may impact you ?
- Bins may not be emptied on your normal collection day
- Bins may be emptied at an earlier or later time than usual
- Waste, recycling and garden waste bins may not all be emptied on the same day
- In some areas, collection services will run much later than normal and into the evening.
⚠️What’s the problem?
During routine maintenance, our waste collections contractor identified a safety issue with their trucks, which means that less trucks are available to carry out your normal service.
Safety is our priority! ?
We apologise for any inconvenience this causes you. The safety of our contract drivers and other road users is our highest priority, so we will only return to the full service schedule when we are sure the trucks are safe again.
We are working with our waste contractor to fix the issue as soon as possible.
For further information click here